RSS

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

With a pseudo serious expression M asks me if there is any relationship between temperature and aggressive thoughts. Normally I would have had a disparaging reply but I couldn't agree with her more now. You see, the air conditioner is out of order and my everyday cuppa coffee, while it gives me reasons for staying alive, makes me extremely hot around the neck AND makes me sweat more.

If I wanted to sound optimistic, I would have said, "Thank God for deodorants". As it is now, I'm worried why other people aren't thankful for the same. Life would have been a umm.. a little more fragrant right now.

Reading through several research articles on humanities is part of my job description and my first article for the day tried to prove that thoughts of words that indicated high temperature induced violence. I had to agree. What I did not agree with the writer, was the number of pages I had to scan through to grasp this one fact. I wished I could subject him to thirty degree Celsius in a room with glass walls. He wouldn't need fifty pages to prove his hypothesis then. The heat is getting to me. Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment